Description of the analysis process
- All equivalence applications are first evaluated by the secretary of the admissions committee, who makes sure that the file is complete before forwarding it to the admissions committee for review.
- If the file is complete, it is then forwarded to the admissions committee, which evaluates the equivalence of the diploma or training and recommends a bridging program, where appropriate. The recommendation for bridging program is usually preceded by the completion of a placement test (this test is not usually required for graduates and optometrists in Canada and the United States, nor for graduates from France having completed a Master 2 at the ÉOUM).
- Next, the admissions committee makes a recommendation to the executive committee, which renders a decision.
- Placement Test- TECCO: useful information
- Procedure for processing a diploma or training equivalence application (in revision)
- Regulation respecting equivalence standards for the issue of a permit by the Ordre des optométristes du Québec
How long will it take to complete the analysis process?
A copy of the decision is sent to candidates by mail within 4 to 6 weeks and by e-mail within 30 days of the date on which it was rendered.
The answer specifically includes the following:
- the decision rendered;
- the bridging program (see the “Optometry bridging program” section);
- the process for submitting a request to review a decision and the related deadlines.
- Request to review an unfavorable decision
- Filing a complaint with the Commissaire à l'admission aux professions