Completed training in Canada or the United States and Canadian or American optometrists
Recognized diplomas and professional statuses
- Doctorate in optometry from the School of Optometry and Vision Science, University of Waterloo.
- Doctorate in optometry from an institution accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education
- Authorization to practice optometry in another jurisdiction in Canada or the United States
- Candidates must have completed the examination of the Optometry Examining Board of Canada or of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry.
- The required documents must be submitted.
- The required fees must be paid.
- The information session on ethical aspects of practicing optometry in Quebec must be attended.
- The language requirements must be met, as appropriate.
- Carefully read the information about the diploma and education equivalence recognition process and the language requirements.
- Please note, however, that graduates and optometrists from Canada and the United States generally do not have to take a placement test or complete a bridging program.
- Fill out and submit the following form to the Order with a cheque and the required documents: Application for the issue of a permit to practice optometry on the basis of a legal authorization to practice outside Quebec or an equivalence of diploma or training.